What is a Business Entity or Firm?
A corporation, association, partnership, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, or other legal entity.
Adjuster Business Entity Renewals
- Can be a Resident or Non-Resident (non-residents must be licensed in their home state)
- Must have a DRLP (an individual adjuster licensed for the same lines you wish the entity to hold)
If the entity you are applying for uses the word “Insurance” in its name it will need to be approved by the ALDOI PRIOR TO REGISTERING with
the Alabama Secretary of State's Office. Name Approval Form
- Must register with the Alabama Secretary of State Office as a Domestic or Foreign entity - Click Here
or phone 334-242-5324
Adjuster Business Entity Lines of Authority
- Adjuster Property and Casualty, including Workers’ Compensation and Crop
- Adjuster Property and Casualty, excluding Workers’ Compensation and Crop
- Adjuster Workers’ Compensation
- Adjuster Crop
- Please apply for license via NIPR.
NIPR FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
Business Entity Adjusters licenses are renewed biennially by December 31st of every odd year. Any entity license prior to October 1 of that odd year will
need to renew. Entities licensed after October 1, will be given the following odd year’s expiration date.
EXAMPLE: If licensed prior to October 1st of said ODD year (2021) license will need to be renewed. If licensed after October 1st of ODD year (2021) Entity will
be given the following ODD year (2023) expiration date.
TOTAL INITIAL LICENSE FEES - $230.00
Biennial Renewal Fee - $200.00
Reinstatement Fee (within 30 days of expiration) - $300.00
Reissue Fee (within 365 days) - $80.00
NIPR FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
ADDITIONAL LICENSING LINKS
- Address Change Form - Click Here
NOTE: Individual and Business Entity Adjusters now have the ability to update their e-mail addresses online, within the 30 days required by law
in Alabama, through SBS Online tools. You can access this by going to our website at www.aldoi.gov
and under Producers/Agents either click on Print Your License or View Your CE Info and that takes you straight to SBS and it will be under Email Maintenance.
- Name Changes - Click Here
*Please check below for additional information*
- Designated Responsible Licensed Individual - To change/add a designated producer/adjuster click here. (Form AL-DP-1)
- Request to Cancel or Surrender License - Click Here
Name changes must be submitted with a new Certificate of Existence from the Alabama Secretary of State.
For purposes of the Alabama Business and Nonprofit Entity Code, the Commissioner of Insurance or the Department of Insurance shall not be designated as the
registered agent of a business entity and the Department's address shall not be used as an entity's registered office.
Licensing Contact Hours
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Please Chat with Us if you have any questions.