A corporation, association, partnership, limited liability company, limited liability
partnership, or other legal entity.
- A business entity engaging in insurance activities must be licensed as a producer.
- Effective 9/29/2008, apply online thru
www.nipr.com for a fee of $130.00. Visa, Mastercard, and American Express payments
will be accepted. A $5.00 NIPR transaction fee will be charged for each initial and renewal
transaction on top of the required state fee, for all license types. NIPR FEES ARE
- Domestic and foreign business entities must be registered with the Alabama Secretary
of State. (Phone number is 334-242-5324, and web address is www.sos.state.al.us).
- Business entities can be licensed for any and all lines of authority for which at
least one designated responsible producer acting on behalf of the business entity
is qualified and licensed.
- Name changes must be submitted with a new Certificate of Existence from the Alabama
Secretary of State.
- To change/add a designated producer, click
here. (Form AL-DP-1) Form can be emailed to
- To terminate a business entity license, a letter must be submitted to the Department
of Insurance stating the name of the business, license number, and the date of termination.
- For purposes of the Alabama Business and Nonprofit Entity Code, the Commissioner
of Insurance or the Department of Insurance shall not be designated as the registered
agent of a business entity and the Department's address shall not be used as an
entity's registered office.
- The Business Entity Producer license is effective until biennial renewal would be
due. Business Entity producers renew their license by December 31st every two years
in an even year. See Business Entity Renewal Process for details of renewal.
Business entity licenses are continuous subject to payment of license renewal fee. Beginning in 2008 and every other year thereafter, business
entities' licenses will renew for two years for a license renewal fee of $100.
NOTE: No attachments are required for license renewal.
NOTE: Business Entity Producers now have the ability to update their e-mail
addresses online for Alabama through SBS Online tools. You can access this by going
to our website at www.aldoi.gov and under Producers/Agents
either click on Print Your License or View Your CE Info and that takes you straight
to SBS and it will be under Email Maintenance.
Request to Cancel or Surrender License
Name Approval Form
TOTAL INITIAL LICENSE FEES - $130
Biennial License Renewal Fee - $100
Notice of Appointment Fee - $40
Appointment Renewal Fee - $25
Visa, Mastercard, and American Express payments will be accepted. A $5.00 transaction
fee will be charged for each initial and renewal transaction on top of the required
state fee, for all license types.
NIPR FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.