The state government benefits package has always been one of the most attractive
aspects of state service. The items below are some of the best:
Health Insurance – medical and dental coverage is provided for each state employee; optional health dependents coverage; and flexible benefits available under the cafeteria plan.
- Leave and Holidays – up to 13 days of annual leave in the first year; up to 13 days of sick leave per year; 13 legal holidays and the Governor may designate other days as holidays.
- Retirement - several payment options available along with death benefits
- Deferred Compensation - optional 457 plans
- Longevity Payments - beginning after 5 years of service
- Higher Education Saving Plans – optional 529 plans
- Professional Development - Continuing Education courses, seminars, workshops and conferences
- State Employee Assistance Program (SEAP)
- State Employee Injury and Compensation Trust Fund Program (SEICTF)
- General Employee Liability Insurance
- Cost of Living Adjustments and other raises
- Direct Deposit
- 21 Days Paid Federal Military Leave Annually
- Wellness Program